We understand that as a Nigerian living outside the country you still want to invest in your country or simply want to be able to send and receive money as much as you want. That's why we offer heartland banking, which lets you have an account in Nigeria while living abroad. The account is easy to open and can be operated in US Dollars, Euros, Pounds, Rands or Naira. If you are in Nigeria you can visit any of our branches and if you are outside the country, you can call our customer care team. Our customer care team is always ready to help you and will take you through the account opening process. Internet and mobile banking support is available at all times. A dedicated relationship manager and customer care centre guarantee you the level of control of your finances you desire regardless of where you may be.
What does it offer you:
- You can make unlimited payments into the account and can make six free withdrawals a year.
- You can buy and sell foreign currencies without paying bank charges.
- You get a free monthly statement, sent to you by e-mail.
- Free ATM withdrawals in Nigeria.
- You get one free banker's cheque a month.
- Free MasterCard Debit card, including a secondary card (at your request).
- You don't have to pay to get a Gold Visa card.
- Free internal standing orders.
- Free cash handling for deposits below N500 000.
How much it will cost you:
- Minimum opening balance of N10 000 or foreign currency equivalent.
- A Monthly Bundled Service (MBS) fee of N6 500 (this is not charged if you keep the minimum balance.)
What you need to apply:
- A valid Nigerian government issued ID
- Two passport photographs.
- One of the following:
- Filled in banker's confirmation;
- Utility bill issued within the last three months for an address abroad;
- Bank credit statement issued within the last three months showing your address abroad; or
- Proof of address in Nigeria along with proof of intention to emigrate (letter from employer or airplane tickets)
- Two reference letters.