We understand that as a Nigerian living outside the country you still want to invest in your country or simply want to be able to send and receive money as much as you want. That's why we offer Heartland Banking, which lets you have an account in Nigeria while living abroad. The account is easy to open and can be operated in US Dollars, Euros, Pounds, Rands or Naira. If you are in Nigeria, you can visit any of our branches and if you are outside the country, you can call our customer care team. We are always ready to help you and will take you through the account opening process. We can also send someone to you to pick up the documents if you're based in the United Kingdom. Internet and mobile banking support is available at all times. A dedicated relationship manager and 24/7 customer care centre guarantee you the level of control of your finances you desire regardless of where you may be.
Who can have this account:
Diaspora banking at Stanbic IBTC is designed mainly for Nigerians living abroad or Nigerians preparing to emigrate. We offer you effortless and convenient banking with smooth control of all your finances.
What does it offer you
- You can make unlimited payments into the account and can make six free withdrawals a year.
- You can buy and sell foreign currencies without paying bank charges.
- You get a free monthly statement, if sent to you by email (eStatement).
- Free ATM withdrawals in Nigeria.
- You get one free banker's cheque a month.
- Free MasterCard debit card, including a secondary card (at your request).
- You don't have to pay to get a Visa Gold credit card if you want one.
- Free internal standing orders.
- Free cash handling for deposits below N500 000.
How much will it cost you:
- Minimum opening balance of N10 000 or foreign currency equivalent.
- A monthly bundled service (MBS) fee of N6 500 (this is not charged if you keep the minimum balance).